Orthotic & Prosthetic Unit
The Orthotic and Prosthetic Unit, Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Services provide Orthoses (Braces/Splints/supportive devices) and Prostheses (Artificial limbs) to those patients who have acute and/or chronic disabilities requiring treatment. An orthosis is a device which is used to provide support to a weak segment of the patient’s body to relieve pain, protect or prevent- progressive deformity while prosthesis is an artificial limb which is attached to an amputated side of the patient to restore his functionality and cosmetic appearance.
Our Orthotist and Prosthetist are skilled in a range of neuromuscular and musculoskeletal disorders and their associated treatments. Our primary objective is patient’s satisfaction and quality healthcare services, LNH employs multidisciplinary management with other allied healthcare professionals.
Our focus is to provide services that would cater to our patients’ individual needs, such as their occupation, living style and daily activities. We strive hard to help patients to achieve the necessary skills to perform functional activities independently.
We also provide Prefabricated (OTC, Ready-made) Orthosis, Wheelchair, Walkers, Canes, Physical-Aids, available at our surgical shop.
- ICS Trans-Femoral Socket Implementation
- 2MM thin polymer Ankle-Foot Orthosis for children
- Printed Color Polymer Orthosis for Child and Juvenile
- Light-Frame Spinal Orthosis for Post-Operative Spinal Surgery
- 3D Spinal Orthosis for Scoliosis
- Below Knee Prosthesis with Silicone Liner without Shuttle Lock
Our Orthotist-Prosthetist provides comprehensive information to the patient, their family and to the rehabilitation team about all factors associated with the orthotic-prosthetic prescription usage of the device.
- Foot Orthosis (Polymer Shoe inserts for Arches and Planter Fasciitis)
- SMO (Supra-Malleolar Orthosis)
- AFO (Polymer Ankle Foot Orthosis, Rigid/dynamic)
- KAFO (Knee Ankle Foot Orthosis/Braces, Non-weight options)
- HKAFO (Hip Knee Ankle Foot Orthosis)
- TKAFO (Trunk Knee Ankle Foot Orthosis)
- FRO (Floor Reaction Orthosis)
- PTB (Patella Tendon Bearing Orthosis, Non-weight bearing Orthosis)
- Spinal Orthosis (TLSO, CTLSO, LSO, Milwaukee Brace, Boston Brace)
- Spinal Orthosis (Post-Operative Mediolateral/Hyperextension Control)
- Hand Splint (Cock up, CTS, Static/Dynamic, Humeral Brace, Aeroplane Splint)
- Cervical Orthosis (Invasive HALO, SOMI, Hard/Soft)
- Hip Disarticulation/Abduction Orthosis
- Cranial Remolding Orthosis for infants
- Partial Foot Cosmetic Silicone Prosthesis
- Syme Prosthesis
- Below Knee Modular Prosthesis (with PE or Silicone Liner)
- Through Knee Prosthesis (Knee disarticulation Modular prosthesis)
- Above Knee Modular Prosthesis (with IC Socket and Various Functional Knee options)
- Ortho-prosthesis (for Amelia, Dysmelia)
- Hand Cosmetic Prosthesis (Partial hand or digital removal)
- Below Elbow Functional Prosthesis (with Myo-electric options)
- Above Elbow Functional Prosthesis
- Shoulder Disarticulation Functional Prosthesis
Monday to Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Saturday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Surgical Appliances Shop, Physiotherapy Department near Physiotherapy Drop-off area.