- Infection Control Nurse is responsible to identify, investigate, and monitor infections which could pose health risks to patients, staff, students, general public, and recommend measures to control and prevent these. This will involve data collection, ward rounds, and teaching health care providers and patients regarding control and prevention measures, maintaining accurate patient clinical records.
- Ensure patient safety is practiced at all time by implementing Six International Patient Safety Goals (IPSG).
- Knowledge of Infection prevention, health care associated infection and infection diseases.
- Ability to manage infection control issues during outbreaks and records all notifiable disease data and report to relevant department.
- Identify and monitor specified nosocomial infection, perform targeted surveillance, outbreak investigations as defined by infection control committee/team.
- Make rounds of hospital units for the purpose of monitoring of infection control practice and other related patient’s care issue.
- Provide education to department or individuals on infection control and bed side teaching on notified deficiencies.
- Exhibit standards of service excellence at all the time including attitude, communication, respect, honesty and care.
- Liaison efficiently with all the departments for planning and execution of infection control activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc Nursing preferably with 2 years’ experience as Infection Control Nurse.
- Preferably specialized diploma or training in Infection Control.
- Should be registered with PNC.
Posted 11 days ago
Liaquat National Hospital
INFECTION CONTROL NURSE
Late Date to Apply:
31 May 2023
LNH provides an attractive market competitive salary, merit based career progression, fringe benefits, & opportunities for training. For details for the above vacancies & ongoing vacancies please visit LNH website www.lnh.edu.pk/careers.php. LNH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages females also to apply for positions for which they meet the job requirement. Please send your CV and a covering application stating the position being applied for along with documents for experience and educational qualifications, and one passport size photograph to Director Human Resource at Human Resource, Liaquat National Hospital & Medical College, National Stadium Road. Karachi 74800 or Email email@example.com.